- Sliced cooked turkey breast
- Thick-cut bacon
- Butter Lettuce
- Mayonnaise (homemade or grocers variety)
- Cranberry aioli
- Juicy ripe tomato
- Bread of choice
- 100g cranberry sauce
- 1 tsp. chopped shallot
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Dijon
- Small sprig of fresh rosemary or thyme
- Olive oil for thinning
- Salt and pepper to taste
In advance make the cranberry aioli by putting all ingredients except olive oil into a bowl, or cup. Blend in a food processor. Slowly add a bit of olive oil if needed to thin. Salt and pepper to taste.
For the sandwich:
- Heat the grill, and cook the thick-cut bacon until crispy. Remove and drain.
- Next brush some of the bacon grease on to the bread and put under a hot grill. Once bread is toasted, set aside.
Time to make a double-decker club:
- On a cutting board, arrange the 3 bread slices in a row. Spread mayonnaise over 1 side of each bread slice. Next, top with a generous portion of turkey.
Place two slices of bacon on top of turkey, add a lettuce stack and two thinly sliced tomatoes. Drizzle, or slather depending on your preference, with cranberry aioli. Repeat stack with a second slice of bread, and top with last slice of bread, mayonnaise side down, of course.
- Pin with a cocktail stick and slice of Gherkin
- Cut into halves or quarters.