- 500g pack of shortcrust pastry
- Plain flour, for dusting
- 250g shredded leftover turkey
- 1 pack of streaky bacon – small pieces and pan-fried
- 8 tbsp double cream or crème fraiche
- 8 tsp redcurrant jelly or cranberry sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- Roll out pastry on floured surface to £1 coin thickness.
- Cut out 8 x 10cm circles using pastry cutter, then cut 8 x 9cm circles for lids
- Push larger circles into 8 holes of a muffin tin
- Mix turkey, bacon and cream together then divide the mixture into muffin tin,
- Add a teaspoon of redcurrant jelly to top of mixture
- Season well and brush edges with a little egg
- Place lid on top of each and pinch the sides together to seal
- Chill for 15-20 minutes
- Heat oven at 160 C fan. Brush the tops with more egg and bake for 25 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden.
This delicious recipe has been created and provided by Becky at Ledmacoy Turkeys. Please note that the products you purchase to recreate this dish may contain nuts, always check the packaging in whichever store you source the ingredients at the time of purchase.