Nasi Goreng with Lime, Cashews and Roasted Golden Turkey
- 3tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 shallots or 1 onion, peeled and sliced into thin rings
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp Indonesian sweet soy sauce
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cubed
- 1 tbsp nasi goreng paste
- 350g cooked golden turkey, diced
- 1–2 red chillies, deseeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 250g pouch cooked basmati rice (or 250g cooked and cooled basmati rice)
- 100g frozen peas
- 100g cooked Tenderstem broccoli
- 75g toasted cashews
- Juice of 1 lime
- Coriander leaves and lime wedges, to serve
- Heat tbsp of the oil in a large wok and fry the shallots or onion until crispy and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon, season with salt and leave to drain on kitchen paper. Pour out most of the oil from the wok and wipe with kitchen paper.
- Season the eggs with tsp of the soy sauce and some black pepper. Add the eggs to the wiped wok. Swirl to coat the pan in a thin omelette layer, cook until set, and then remove. Roll up the omelette, slice and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan and stir fry the pepper for minute then add the nasi goring paste to the wok with the turkey, chilli and garlic and cook through, adding a splash of water if it starts to stick. Tip in the rice and remaining soy sauce, then mix well to coat all of the grains. Heat through until piping hot. Add the omelette, peas, broccoli, toasted cashews and lime juice, and warm through.
- Divide between bowls and top with the shallots and coriander and a good wedge of lime.
- 22.2g fat
- 4.6g saturates
- 32.8g carbs
- 7.8g sugars
- 4.4g fibre
- 40.1g protein
- 0.8g salt