- 1kg potatoes (Maris Piper or King Edward), peeled, washed and cut into rough chunks
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 250g leeks, trimmed and finely sliced
- 150ml hot semi-skimmed milk
- 50g butter
- 300g leftover golden turkey, shredded
- 150g cooked kale with the water squeezed out, chopped
- 4 large fried eggs, to serve
- Put a deep pan of salted water on to boil. Add the potatoes and cook until tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the oil in a frying pan, add the leeks and gently fry until softened.
- Drain the potatoes and then with either a potato masher or a wooden spoon, beat until fluffy. Pour in the hot milk and the butter, and beat again.
- Add the golden turkey, kale and the cooked leeks to the mashed potato, season with sea salt and black pepper, and serve with the fried eggs.
Nutritional InformationPer serving
- 28.3g fat
- 10.7g saturates
- 45.7g carbs
- 5.5g sugars
- 7.5g fibre
- 40.3g protein
- 1g salt